BeyGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship Program for Young Africans (Fully-funded)
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of a global community committed to lasting change. Global Citizen works in partnership with the NGO sector and with corporate sponsors to deliver audience and value in innovative and impactful ways.
Powered by BeyGOOD, the Global Citizen Fellowship Program will unearth African youth with remarkable potential. Through the program,15 young people will each engage in a paid, year-long fellowship aligned to one of Global Citizen’s four pillars of activity: creative, campaigns, rewards and marketing.
This dynamic Program will take Fellows through a five-phase curriculum, specifically designed to equip them with the skills and tools they need to thrive –– not just during their time with Global Citizen but also in any future professional environment.
Throughout the program, Fellows will be immersed in the use of digital technology for social change, storytelling tactics that shift attitudes, the importance of building lasting professional relationships, and the role of innovation in a constantly changing world.
Four Fellows (based on merit) will travel to New York City in September 2019 to experience Global Citizen’s annual festival in Central Park. The fellows will spend seven days with different teams and departments while meeting influential people –– all of which will advance their growing skillsets.
Benefits of BeyGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship Program
The Fellowship Program involves educational travel trips which include:
- Round trip airfare from Johannesburg to Cape Town.
- All trip-related meals.
- All trip related lodging and transportation.
In order to be eligible for educational travel:
- Applicants should be available to attend 90% of the learning sessions in Johannesburg.
- Applicants should attend all training sessions pre-and-post trips.
Applicants for the BeyGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship Program must be:
- Ages 21-25 (by time of application)
- South African, Nigerian and Kenyan residents and citizens only
- Applicants without a tertiary qualification preferred
- Applicants should be able to prove that they are active Global Citizens, either through the work, they do in their communities or through Global Citizen’s website and/or app (Google Play Store OR App Store)
- Applicants should be available full-time from 19 July 2022-30 June 2023
- We encourage those with an annual family household income of under R120 000 / 3055563 Naira / KES 18169368,00, and/or families that are headed by a single parent
- South African applicants must house themselves in Johannesburg, and Nigerian applicants in Lagos.
- Kenyan applicants can be based anywhere in the country and will participate virtually.
- Those from minority and underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
- What qualities do you identify with as an active citizen of the world?
- If selected, what lasting change would you like to achieve through the program?
- What specific socio-economic issues are you taking action on, and why?