The ATLAS Citizen Volunteer Program is a 3-month civic leadership and development training program that was set up to engage young people in social action to ensure quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for everyone.
The ACV Program’s rigorous modules hold the potential to inspire and equip youth to make a significant impact in their local communities.
- Facilitate the volunteer’s own personal, professional, and social development by developing skills, knowledge, and understanding relevant to digital disruptions
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities in targeted communities.
- Build volunteers’ abilities to understand ethical civic leadership, social entrepreneurship, and active citizenship.
- Open to anyone 18 years and above
- This is a volunteer role primarily based online with a few physical activities for those living in Lagos, Nigeria.
ABOUT ATLAS Citizen Volunteer Program 2020-2021 Application for Nigerians
Access to Learning and School (ATLAS) initiative is a social enterprise that seeks to address issues of inequalities in access to education and learning particularly in marginalized communities.
ATLAS was inspired by a “back to school” innovation championed by Jacob Henry; a volunteer in a small community in Ikorodu, Lagos. Jacob had tracked, fundraised and enrolled thirty (30) children back to school. His effort sparked a sense of obligation among his peers and friends leading to an ambitious campaign to enroll out of school children in school in form of a Global Social Change Movement with regards to learning.
The Social Enterprise is based in Nigeria with volunteers working in Nigeria, the United Kingdom and the United States. This is because , We believe that ,the development of any society across the globe relies on the knowledge, experiences, skills and attributes of global expertise. The more enriching and diverse the educational experiences provided by ATLAS, the more enriched the individual becomes. Therefore, providing access and opportunities to basic quality education is the first step towards creating a more rounded society.
Follow the link provided below to apply to volunteer