The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), through its subsidiary, the Office for Nigerian Digital Innovation (ONDI), in partnership with the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), is opening applications for the 2022 Illicit Financial Flows (IFFs) Hackathon.
The IFF Project is supported by Ford Foundation office for West Africa.
According to a statement signed by Mrs. Azuka Ogugua, Spokeperson for ICPC and Mrs. Hadiza Umar, Head, Corporate Affairs and External Relations at NITDA, the Illicit Financial Flows (IFFs) Hackathon is aimed at developing indigenous solutions to curb illicit financial flows (IFFs) in Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), check illegal transfer/movement of funds within Nigeria and across international borders, and ensure effective monitoring of procurement processes.
This Hackathon will also provide young Nigerians the opportunity to contribute their creativity and entrepreneurial skills by leveraging emerging technologies to combat corruption and other unethical practices impacting negatively on the socio-economic fortunes of the nation.
Therefore, these talented Nigerians will be tasked to come up with clearly-defined ideas and prototype solutions to checkmate IFFS with emphasis on leveraging emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cloud, Big data, blockchain, Quantum computing, Internet of Things (IoT), Augmented Reality (AR), and Virtual Reality (VR) among many others.
The two-day event scheduled to hold on 1st and 2nd September 2022 will open with a bootcamp at the National Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (NCAIR), Abuja while a Demo Day will take place at ICPC Auditorium, Abuja on the second day and final day.
Therefore, ONDI is calling for applications from eligible individuals/groups with an innovative ideas and prototypes that would leverage emerging technologies to help address the menace of IFFs within the nation’s expanding digital economy.
ONDI is a subsidiary of NITDA, created to ensure the promotion, growth, and protection of Nigerian digital innovation ecosystem for the growth of Nigeria’s digital economy.
The Office has responsibility to facilitate the growth of the Nigerian digital economy through the creation of innovation-driven enterprises that will promote job creation and the proliferation of market-creating innovations to create more prosperity for Nigeria.
To be part of the NITDA/ICPC IFFs Hackathon, interested individuals/groups should visit HERE and apply before the closing date on 26th August 2022.
- Contract UX Designer Needed Zazuu Co.
- Access Bank Womenpreneur Pitch-A-ton Africa 2022 for Women Entrepreneurs Across Africa (Naira 5 million Financial Grant)
- Software Engineer Needed at United Bank for Africa
- Eskom 2022 Internship Programme For African Students And Graduates
- AgroHack Challenge 2022 for Young Nigerian Agriculture Entrepreneurs.
- Innocent C. Chukwuma Award For Social Impact
- Accounting Intern, Front-end and Back-end Engineer Needed at Oystr Finance
- She Loves Tech Global Startup Competition 2022 women-led and women-impact startups
- Junior UI/ UX, Front End, PHP Developer & Mobile Developers Needed at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- SAP Young Professionals Program 2022 for young African graduates.
WANT MORE? JOIN OUR CHANNEL