Deadline: 25th January, 2021
Applications are now open for the UN Women and UN Volunteers Young Women Leaders Programme 2021. The Young Women Leaders Programme is an opportunity for 10 young women to bring their voices, passion and commitment to Gender Equality by learning and contributing across UN Women’s operations in New York City for one year.
Each UN Youth Volunteer under the Young Women Leaders Programme will work closely under the supervision of an experienced UN Women subject matter expert, to develop a work and learning plan.
A specific set of tasks mutually agreed upon between the Young Women Leader (YWL) and supervisor will be drawn from the following broad areas of work taking into consideration career aspirations, individual motivation and organizational needs.
Candidates will be matched with one of the available positions in the area below based on their expression of particular interest.
Please find here a list of general functions and responsibilities that a YWL may be assigned. Based on the selected areas below in which the YWL will be working (as specified below), the supervisor and YWL will develop a more detailed description of assignment
- Provide inputs to, compile and analyze information related to project or initiative within area of interest
- Monitor, coordinate and draft reports on activities
- Raft new proposals or ideas
- Perform background research
- Provide technical inputs to documents and policies
- Provide inputs to knowledge management products
- Draft briefing notes and presentations
- Gather and analyze data
- Draft training materials and organize training sessions
Administration and Operations
- Develop templates and forms and gather inputs as needed
- Maintain and databases
- Respond to queries
- Provide suggestions for business and operations improvements
Communication and Advocacy
- Draft, provide input to and disseminate communication materials
- Maintain and update webpages, intranet pages or other communication channels
- Reach out to Regional Office and Country Office focal points as needed
- Respond to queries from stakeholders
- Participate in internal and external working groups
Core Values and Guiding Principles
The UN Volunteer will adhere to the UN Women’s core values, integrity, professionalism and respect for diversity, as well as its core competencies related to Awareness and Sensitivity regarding gender issues, accountability, creative problem solving, effective communication, inclusive collaboration, stakeholder engagement, leading by example.
- Respect for Diversity
- Core Competencies:
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Must be a citizen from any global south countries
- Below 29 years old
- Applications from women with disabilities, LGBTQI, gender non-conforming individuals, and other marginalized groups are especially encouraged to apply
For more updates on other Opportunities Join us on our social media platforms
For more information visit the official webpage of UNV Young Women Leaders Programme