Applications are open for the Ocean Exchange Awards 2022.
Ocean Exchange is on the search for solutions inspiring action. These are innovative, proactive and globally scalable solutions with working prototypes that can leap across industries, economies and cultures– innovations that generate economic growth and increased productivity, while reducing the use of nature’s resources and waste.
Ocean Exchange Call for Solutions will compete for three monetary awards in 2022:
- The WW Orcelle® Award 2022 “Sustainable logistics for a world in motion” is the statement of purpose at Wallenius Wilhelmsen. For them sustainability is a broad theme where they assign equal importance to the environmental and social aspects. Accordingly, their 2022 Orcelle Award will go to the solution that creates most sustainable value for their business in regard to social, community or environmental issues, whether on land or at sea.
- The Neptune Award 2022 is given to the solution that advances understanding of the ocean and that helps minimize our impact on these resources, even while using them for human benefit, resulting in more resilient bodies of water including healthy marine life and coastlines.
- The Innovation Award for Transportation and Logistics Hubs is given to the solution that advances ocean-, inland-, and air- PORTS and other logistics HUBS. Seeking innovations that make ports/hubs more sustainable with technologies that support clean water & air, conservation of precious natural resources near ports/hubs, efficient road/rail/warehousing supporting the ports, and state of the art sustainable port-hub land management.
- A $100,000 prize is available for each award.
- Solutions may be from anywhere in the world;
- Solution must be innovative, proactive and globally scalable.
Register by 11:59PM GMT – Monday, August 29, 2022. The Ocean Exchange dates are October 23 – 25, 2022 at Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Ocean Exchange Awards.