Deadline: 5th February, 2021
Applications are now open for Open Knowledge Foundation (OKF) $300 USD mini-grant to support people across the world hosting Open Data Day events.
The event is a yearly celebration for interested participants across the world to showcase how they use open data in their respective communities.
OKF is ready to assist online participants with mini-grant funds and also plans to share support tips on how to run a great virtual session across the world.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
To be eligible for this mini-grant your real or virtual event must be inclined with any of the following tracks:
- Data for equal development: How open data can be utilized by communities in highlighting challenges on both local and international front and to monitor the Sustainable Development Goals progress.
- Tracking public money flows: How open data can expand budget transparency and also how to raise issues around managing public finance.
- Environmental data: How open data can be used to illustrate the urgency in climate conditions, leading people to take decisive action in maintaining a sustainable environment.
- Open mapping: How open data can be used to learn about the power of maps to develop better communities.
THE FOLLOWING SHOULD ALSO BE NOTED:
- The participants are only eligible to make one application for one event/online session in just one track.
- The grants can’t be used in funding local or national government events as only civil society activities are supported.
- However, government bodies may find local groups to engage with if they are interested.
Successful grantees are eligible for the fund when Open Knowledge Foundation obtains a written report on the participant’s event/online session delivered within 30 days of the event.
Note that if a successful grantee requires the fund before Saturday, March 6, 2021, email can be sent to opendatadat[at]okfn.org for probable consideration.
Open Knowledge Foundation this year will also award prizes for best Open Data Day videos and photographs.
For more updates on other Opportunities Join us on our social media platforms
For more information Visit the Official Webpage of the Open Data Day 2021 mini-grant Scheme