We aim to contribute to the ongoing efforts of many Arab and international institutions to improve journalism. To this end, the Fellowship programmes offered by the Al Jazeera Media Institute (AJMI) seek to encourage research in media and other fields of journalism, as well as to provide fellows with the opportunity to learn through practical experience within the Al Jazeera Media Network (AJMN).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Full-time journalist or researcher (freelancer or employed).
- At least four years of professional experience in journalism or research, relevant to journalistic and/or media fields.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- In order to apply for the Fellowship, applicants must have a proper grasp of English academic writing.
- The Al Jazeera Fellowship in English is only open to those from non-Arab countries. Those from Arab countries may apply to our Arabic Fellowship Programme.
In addition to completing the online application form, applicants are required to submit the following documents in PDF format, with the exception of video, images or other graphic materials provided as work samples. Please note that if any of the following is missing, the application will not be considered.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Fellowship proposal (must include title, field of interest, objectives, methodology, abstract).
- Signed letter of commitment.
- Three samples of the applicant’s work in English.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Deadline: December 7, 2021