The backend application developer’s primary duty is to create, maintain and implement the source code for backend systems and programs that meet the needs and requirements of the business using one or more computer programming languages.
- The developer would be responsible for creating, maintaining and implementing the source code that makes up the application program.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Building clean and reusable code and libraries for immediate & future use
- Implementation & Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- Optimising performance for the apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in software development technologies/frameworks
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Minimum of 3years experience as a professional Python (Django) application developer.
- First degree from a reputable university
- Great teamwork skill
- Excellent Multitasking Skill
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Complex problem-solving Skill
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes a plus.
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Python and Django
- Good understanding of Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- Experience with JWT authentication and common industry standard encryption algorithms
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL and other similar database management system
- Knowledge of the OpenAPI Specification
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Knowledge of Linux Servers and basic deployment tasks
- Good understanding of OO programming and design pattern
- Good understanding of agile development frameworks including Scrum and Kanban
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Experience with third party libraries and APIs
- Vast knowledge of the general software development landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Excellent QA/ testing skills
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Tech Learning Pathway)
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Career Readiness Pathway)
- Call for Applications: Shell ASSESSED Internship Program 2023 for Young Africans
- Prospa is Hiring Graduate Trainees
- The Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Program 2023 for young Nigerian graduates.
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 for Nigerians to Study Abroad (Fully Funded)
- UI / UX Designer Needed at Beacon Power Services