Directorate: Amnesty National Office
Office Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract Duration: 12 months (with the possibility of extension)
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Activism and Growth officer will develop, facilitate, and implement Amnesty International Nigeria’s activism and growth strategies through the production of content, coordinate activities and communicate outputs designed to grow, engage, retain, and mobilise activists, supporters, and members in Nigeria and the public.
The suitable candidates must have excellent knowledge of youth activism best practices and tools, engagement patterns and scales, training methodologies and participative approaches. Must have strong experience writing and producing engaging human rights content; manage or support the delivery of innovative online activities and identify and collaborate with community groups, partners to organize projects to increase the participation, engagement and leadership of young people and rights holders as a contribution to growth in the constituency for human rights impact.
Amnesty International is a global movement with the aim to end human rights abuses. Independent, international, and influential; we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. Amnesty International Nigeria is a national entity that is part of the global and we campaign for meaningful human rights change to build a culture of respect for human rights in Nigeria.
- Develop and coordinate an effective growth and retention plan for Nigeria aligned to global strategies and Implement Amnesty International Nigeria’s Youth Strategy and Action Plan.
- Identify and collaborate with community groups, partners to organize projects to increase the participation, engagement and leadership of young people and rights holders as a contribution to growth in the constituency for human rights impact.
- Coordinate the delivery of global supporter journeys for Nigerian audiences, on a range of campaigns, activism, and fundraising opportunities.
- Write and produce engaging human rights content primarily for supporter emails, but also for other content types (e.g. adverts, surveys, videos, animations, blogs etc)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the arts, social sciences, international relations, law, marketing, development studies or related disciplines with at least 3 years’ work experience. A master’s degree is an advantage.
- Good knowledge in data analysis and reporting and comfortable analysing and reporting on digital marketing KPIs including conversion and cost metrics.
- Experience in digital marketing with expertise in email marketing desirable etc.
Please note that this role is based in Nigeria. Only those legally authorized to work in Nigeria are advised to apply for this job.
There will be a 3-month probation period for all postholders.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.