Work Better Africa is a workforce development and workplace transformation company that stimulates effective collaboration between employers and employees to build profitable and sustainable businesses.
We empower the workforce to attain high-level Productivity, Peak Performance and become Profit oriented through our bespoke training and development programmes. Our services include: Recruiting, Training, Coaching, Business Consulting and Publishing.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1.) Guest Service Agent
- Responds to communications from guests,travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, or through a central reservation system.
- Creates and maintains reservation records-usually by date of arrival and alphabetical listing prepares letters of confirmation and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications.
- Additional duties may include preparing the list of expected arrivals for the front office, assisting in preregistration activities when appropriate, and processing advance reservation deposits.
- Greet guests in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
- A Bachelor Degree or its equivalent.
- Must speak, read. Write, and understand the English Language.
- At least one year of work experience.
- Previous hotel-related experience is an added advantage.
- Experience in Hotel software (Opera)and its functionalities.
- Charted Accountant (CA) Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Additional qualifications will be added advantages.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated accounting experience, preferably in a hospitality or food and beverage environment and quality with a background that includes forecasting and budgeting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with strong accounting software experience. Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word) and experience with PMS like Opera.
3.) General Manager
- A University Degree in Hotel Management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record. Excellent computer system skills.
- 10 to 20 years experience in the 4-Star or 5-Star hotel, with an international experience. And 5 to 10 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
- Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
4.) Assistant Maintenance Manager
- Degree in Engineering or other related fields.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working as a multi-skilled technician in a full-service hotel or similar capacity in a service industry.
- General knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Kitchen and other trades.
- Good knowledge offire& life safety processes and procedures.
- Excellent command of the English language (oral and written).
- Strong knowledge of mechanical or electrical services.
- Able to train, coach, and develop team members.
5.) Hotel Senior Sales Executive
- Solicit Future conference business for the hotel in assigned market areas.
- Maintain and exceed sales targets defined by the management.
- Also, able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and achieve daily and monthly targets, whilst offering a very high level of Customer Service.
- Additionally Work directly with key decision makers from Corporate, negotiating rates and confirming theiraccommodation, meetings and events.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in a 5-Star hotel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Great Customer service skills
- successful sales track record in direct sales and an ability to develop targeted prospect databases.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Honest, discipline and dedicated to duties.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Photograph to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2022