Applications are now open for the Mozilla Foundation In Real Life (IRL) Fund for Africans. Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: November 30, 2022
The IRL Fund seeks to fuel movement building efforts by a range of organizations and collectives across the African continent. It is open to those across civil society advancing digital and human rights, both on and offline.
We welcome applicants working intersectionally with other movement areas (e.g. community justice, racial justice, climate justice, human rights, economic justice, or other social justice movements).
Africa Innovation Mradi leverages Mozilla’s role as stewards of the open web to promote innovation grounded in the unique needs of users on the African continent. The program establishes networks of partners and communities exploring and developing new technologies and products grounded in open innovation.
The IRL Fund seeks to support movement building efforts contributing to the development, utility and governance of technologies because of the impact each has on issues of social justice, both on and offline.
Through the IRL Fund hope to:
● Connect technologists, entrepreneurs, civil society and policy makers who are addressing the impact of technology on social justice issues. And, to share knowledge and perspectives across disciplines with a focus on developing values-driven solutions..
- The In Real Life (IRL) Fund will support work led by not for profit organizations focused on and based in the African continent.
- The spirit of this call is to amplify and resource initiatives that explore the intersection of social justice and technology, and IRL encourage applications exploring new ideas that innovate around the lived experiences of Africans.
To apply for this grant, you are:
- Not for profit social justice/civil society organizations; or
- Journalist/media based institutions; or
- Art based organizations; or
- Academic or research focused institutions; or
- Technology/digital rights focused not for profit orgs; or
- Network/collective/collaborations comprised of the above
How to apply
Does this call resonate with you and your work? .
The IRL Fund has a two-stage application process. In the first stage you will be asked to submit an expression of interest through a letter of intent (“LOI”). Applications that meet the eligibility and award criteria will be reviewed by an external committee of experts. You will only be invited to submit a full application if you meet the eligibility criteria and your concept note is selected to proceed to the next stage.
Before submitting a LOI, we encourage you to:
- Complete this simple eligibility test
- Review the application guide, which is downloadable and includes a full overview of the questions in the application.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Mozilla Foundation Africa Innovation Mradi: In Real Life (IRL) Fund
- Full time Junior Software Engineer Needed at iPayBTC
- Apply: Remote Frontend Engineer Internship at Okra
- Full-time Graphics designer Needed at SUJIMOTO
- Data Entry Analyst Needed at MAX Ng
- Call for Applications: NITDA Blockchain Scholarship Program for Nigerians 2022
- Study-In-Netherland: 2023 Dutch Government Holland Scholarship For International Students
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened