Application into DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Programme 2023 for female African scholars is now available
Application Deadline: 15 December 2022.
The Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies, BIGSAS, invites outstanding African women scholars based on the continent to join an international community of early career researchers working in the field of African Studies. BIGSAS provides a centre for creative and innovative doctoral training based on the inter- and multi-disciplinary research environment of the Africa Multiple Cluster of Excellence at the University of Bayreuth.
In 2023, BIGSAS is awarding two scholarships within the Graduate School Scholarship Programme (GSSP) provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). For these, BIGSAS will nominate candidates who have successfully passed the application procedure. The final selection on the scholarship will be made by the DAAD. The scholarship periods begin in October 2023 at the earliest (including a German language course starting in summer 2023, if applicable). The scholarships are awarded for a total scholarship period of up to four years.
- Applicants must have a very good Master’s or equivalent degree. The last Master’s or equivalent degree must have been obtained within the last six years at the time of nomination by BIGSAS.
- The application must be accompanied by two reports (letters of recommendation) from teaching faculty members at the home universities.
- Applicants should not have been resident in Germany for more than fifteen months at the time of nomination. While applications may be submitted in German, English or French, do please note that the working language of BIGSAS is English.
- Monthly payments of 1,200 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel lump sum (depending on country of origin)
- Annual research allowance of 460 euros
Under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying members of family (about 200 euros child allowance per child; about 275 euros marriage allowance)
For More Information: