Who We Are
Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers to launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Okra powers the tools that millions of people rely on to plan and manage their finances today. We are proudly working with hundreds of companies like Interswitch and D-local, and many of the largest financial institutions to make it easy for people to securely connect their accounts to the apps and services they choose. Okra’s network covers over 100 banks and financial institutions across Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, and Ghana.
We believe that by building Africa’s Open Finance infrastructure, we enable developers to create better, fairer financial services for everyone. We are dedicated to removing the complexity around accessing financial information and payment infrastructure for everyone.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. Our Engineering team is responsible for building tools and infrastructure to gather, analyze, and visualize financial data. We believe the way millions of people interact with their finances will change over time, and our Engineering team will be at the forefront of creating that experience.
We are looking for engineers who are motivated by creating an impact for our consumers and customers, growing together as a team, shipping the MVP, and leaving things better than they found them.
The successful candidate will work on:
- Client Dashboard
- Email Templates
- Okra Component Library
What you’ll need:
- React, Next and Context.
- React component testing using Jest or Cypress
- An understanding of pixel-perfect development.
- Basic knowledge in managing software projects in Git.
- Good understanding of Figma.
Who you are:
- You are eager to learn and develop your skills.
- You are passionate about translating Figma designs into beautiful web interfaces.
- You can build components from scratch.
- You can build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- You understand how to build responsive user interfaces and experiences.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Remote Junior Graphic Designer Needed at Curva
- Remote UI/UX Designer Intern Needed at Bukable
- Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022 (All-expense paid trip to Madrid, Spain)
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Engineers 2022
- New York Times Newsroom Fellowship Programme 2023 (Paid position)
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened
- Apply: Remote Tech Internship at Skibble
- Call for Applications: Outsource Global Free Software and Data Analytics Training
- Tamkeen Young Entrepreneur Program 2022
- Call for Applications: The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment 2022
- Apply for the Walmart Data Science Bootcamp – Fall 2022